30th January 2023
We’ve launched a Driver’s Licence Checking Service!
Our new solution provides you with a cost-effective, innovative and user-friendly solution for conducting licence checks on your fleet. This should give you the peace of mind that all of your drivers are legally allowed to drive.
“Innovation is at the heart of what we do here at CheckedSafe”, explains Co-Founder and Director, Gary Hawthorne, “Which is why we’re really excited to have launched our new licence-checking system.
“The new development represents a significant step forward in our efforts to revolutionise compliance within the transport industry. We’re confident this will be a valuable asset for businesses looking to streamline their fleet compliance.”
Why have we introduced a new Driver’s Licence Checking service?
As it stands, commercial drivers must have their licences regularly checked by their employers to ensure that they are legally allowed to drive.
Recommendations from the DVLA suggest this should be carried out every three months at a minimum, although this should be more frequent for drivers with points on their licences.
This process can be time-consuming and expensive for businesses, particularly those with a large fleet of vehicles.
How does our new Driver’s Licence Checking service work?
Our new licence-checking software successfully streamlines this process for businesses, offering a convenient, cost-effective and innovative method of ensuring fleet drivers are regulated and have a clean driving record.
Using innovative Optical Character Recognition technology, with an accuracy rate of over 95%, we’re able to check driver licences on behalf of businesses, ensuring that all drivers are fully qualified to drive.
Moreover, unlike traditional solutions for checking licences, fleet managers can use the new software remotely without the need to be physically present – a particularly beneficial solution for businesses with dispersed workforces.
Is the new Driver’s Licence Checking Service part of the original CheckedSafe app?
Yes! The new service is included and fully integrated into our original multi-award-winning CheckedSafe fleet management app. You’ll find the new feature within the ‘staff area’ of the app – however, it may also be used separately as a pay-as-you-go, stand-alone solution.
What does our new Driver’s Licence Checking software check?
- Licence types – we’ll check that your driver’s details are correct and whether or not they have the correct licence for their role (i.e. full, copy, HGV or professional)
- Driver offences – we’ll check that all previous driver offences have been identified (i.e. speeding, drink driving)
- Points on licence – we’ll check that the number of points stated on the driver’s licence is correct
- Tachograph and CPC – we’ll check that the driver’s Tachograph Card and CPC Expiry dates
What are the benefits of our this new service?
- Check the driving licences of your entire fleet remotely.
- Retain peace of mind that your business is compliant and safe.
- Create custom data points and personalised alerts.
- Make use of impressive Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology.
- Easily identify drivers who are at risk within your fleet.
- Minimise the likelihood of you paying expensive fines.
- Stay informed of any new offences from drivers in your fleet.
- Manage your fleet from one streamlined.
- Use our innovative ‘pay-as-you-go’ service to check licences.
And the most important question, how much does it cost?
We have worked really hard to make the solution as cost-effective as possible, and to that end, we have managed to get the price down to only £1.60 plus VAT per check. We believe this is significantly cheaper than our direct rivals and competitors.
For more information on our new licence-checking software, check out our web page here or give us a call on 01282 908429.