The regulators are reviewing their processes and making essential changes as the situation develops.
With the majority of staff working remotely without access to an office, normal working practices are being reviewed. To help reduce possible delays, operators are urged to use electronic communications such as email and online portals, wherever possible.
How do I contact the OTC?
Please contact the OTC electronically wherever possible by:
- visiting Apply for a vehicle operator licence to apply for an operator’s licence
- visiting Mange your vehicle operator licence to manage, vary or surrender your operator’s licence or add/remove a transport manager
- emailing Enquiries@otc.gov.uk with general correspondence, to apply for temporary exemptions to hold an operator’s licence, or to apply for periods of grace
- emailing PSVemail@example.com to register, vary or cancel a bus registration in England and Wales
- emailing Steven.Jones@otc.gov.uk to register, vary or cancel a bus registration in Scotland
How will the OTC contact you?
Most of the correspondence you receive will now be delivered by email, so keeping your email address up to date at Manage your vehicle operator licence and regularly checking your email account is very important.
Where can you get further information?
In certain cases, this might mean you can avoid the need to send an electronic enquiry and wait for an answer before considering your next steps. This will all help with reducing delays.
The guidance on the page is updated as the situation develops so could be a very useful tool to find information you are not sure about.
CheckedSafe develop Apps and web-based reporting systems with integrated compliance and safety applications that are multi-functional and secure. The system offers organisations complete solutions, which enables them to manage and protect their workforce and comply with legal and commercial requirements whilst reducing cost and liability.
Our management team formed CheckedSafe with a vision to provide contemporaneous compliance solutions that could be tailored to any industry. Together with our dedicated team of developers and client account managers, we are now providing compliance services across commercial and plant hire vehicles, Utilities and many other service sectors that are monitored for compliance and efficiency.