As part of their pre-use checks, drivers must carry out a visual inspection of the vehicle wheels for security and damage. Drivers are legally required to report any defects.
By using the CheckedSafe system, your drivers can report issues in real time and any defects they come across when inspecting they wheels.Things to look out for are:
- signs of damage to nuts, studs etc
- cracked wheels, nuts, washers etc
- distorted rims
- elongation of stud holes
- missing, broken or loose fixings/components
- signs of wheel looseness
- bright metal in the area of nut and washer seating
- rust that can be seen radiating out from the area of the nut and washer
- the position of wheel nut indicator devices (if fitted), which can indicate if wheel nuts have moved
- blocked ventilation holes
Any reports created are available from within the CheckedSafe Compliance Management System. The reports will show any defect(s) reported and how they were rectified.